Total Pageviews

Friday, February 18, 2011

Ups & Downs


The weather is warm today, but by the end of the month we could be facing snow again.  My allergies are in building up to full out assault.  Which leaves the rest of my body quickly following suit.  The allergies kill my breathing & upset my digestive system (the mild way of saying it).  They upset my sleep which leaves me tired & achy. I'll take my allergy pills on the really bad days, but not before that, cause the pills dry me out so bad I get nose bleeds.


My life is often I step up & two day, or two forward & three back.  I guess that's just life.  The fact is that it is damned annoying.  I get a little $ saved up & the car breaks down or the house needs repairs.  I guess I should just be thankful I'd had any $ saved up at all.  Life is like the road show above, but sometimes I'd really settle for a nice bit of flat, non curvy, uninteresting highway stretching before me


Allergies, finances & just about everything else in life are like a game of chutes & ladders (snakes if your British).  You keep trying just to plod forward, sometimes you luck out & get to take a short cut up, but most often you hit a snag & go sliding down, only to have to climb back up again.  How very Sisyphus.


The point I'm making is that there are definitely downs in this life, but there are also ups.  I'm not trying to belittle your pain or trials, but I am saying that things usually do eventually take a turn for the better.  So take your allergy pills & save up $ for those crappy car brake downs & accept that some rain is going to fall.  Hopefully you remembered your umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment