Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Rewards

After I'd posted the first month anniversary of my blog, my roommate suggested I be rewarded with something.  I'd been looking at a new chair for my front room where I could use a computer.   Most chairs were to big for the spot in mind or way to deep to sit at & use a computer comfortably.  We noticed a commercial advertising a nice little accent chair at a local chain for under a hundred bucks.  Sounded great, so off we went to Fort Smith to Furniture Factory Outlet, FFO.

There was a wholesale/resale place on the way over so I decided to stop & look to what they might have.  They didn't have what I needed but they did have a lot of good buys on new/used appliances.  I tucked that info neatly away into my swiss-cheese memory & headed out on to FFO.

I get to FFO & ask to see the chairs that they advertised on TV & in print.  They took me to one lone, ugly chair.  Not only was it hideous, it was no where near resembling the one they had shown in the commercial.  It was much wider & far more squat.  The chair they had shown on TV was narrow, like a armed slipper chair.  It had a nice reverse, camel-back apron & a roll-over back.  This chair they were now showing me was a short, squashed cube covered in what felt like burlap with a nasty print.  When I pointed it out, they told it was just the same as the chair they had in he ad.  Fed up, I left.

The van was covered in snow & road sludge, so we decided to wash the car at one of those drive thru, brush car-washes.  It was interesting.  It cleaned the van well.   So well indeed, it cleaned the antenna right off it.  

Then we headed to Big Lots & finally managed to find a chair, or several chairs.  There was a nice little u-shaped accent chair in questionable fabric, a set of shaky parsons chairs & the one I finally choose.  We opted for a normal high-backed, armed computer chair. It wasn't what I wanted, but it was something that  I could live with & could do the job.  Didn't hurt that it was half the price of the of the other options.

It was an interesting experience.  One I should've have expected.  I've never had any luck with ads from furniture stores, especially not outlet ones.  The antenna got replaced & we got out of the house for an excursion.  Seems like the Stones had it right....


No comments:

Post a Comment