Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Outside The Lines

My roomie & I have been out of the box people for a while.  We're by no means hipsters, but we've both been posting about this for a bit.  Life is not one size fits all, some of it will never fit anyone.  You have to make the best of any situation you wind up in.  (Yes, I know ended in a preposition, but I was breaking grammatical rules before there english books, HA, my nod to the hipsters).

I read this blog today.  It was how you can choose to receive & interact with a new coloring book.  The post was remarkably, nonjudgmental, therefore quite refreshing.  It let you approach the pages of provided ideas with your own take on how it should be handled, from doing nothing, doing the expected or completely making it your own by adding to the given concept.  Any talk of conformity & coloring always reminds me of one of the potentially saddest songs ever done, Flowers Are Red, by Harry Chapin.





I think that Lady Gaga's new song is a cross between a 1990's gay anthem & Madonna's Express Yourself, but it does make a point.  I'm not into the godliness of it, but I get the point.




I do like this one, but I think what it will inspire, will be even better.  So, it's your life, your coloring book, so go all Sinatra & do it your way.  It may not be easy.  It might even get you ridiculed.  But, if it is genuinely you, you'll be happier for just being yourself.




Cya


No comments:

Post a Comment